Professional Recognition and Memberships
The Institute of Diabetes and Endocrinology is a member of the following professional organizations:
1. American College of Physicians (ACP)
2. The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- Dr. Eddy has been honored as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP), a select group of invited Board Certified physicians who are honored for their expertise in internal medicine. Dr. Eddy will be sponsoring Dr. Kelly as a Fellow this coming year.
- The American College of Physicians (ACP) is the nation's largest medical specialty society. Its mission is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine. ACP membership includes about 119,000 members, including medical students. Members are physicians in general internal medicine and related subspecialties, including cardiology, gastroenterology, nephrology, endocrinology, hematology, rheumatology, neurology, pulmonary disease, oncology, infectious diseases, allergy and immunology, and geriatrics.
3. The Endocrine Society
- AACE is a professional community of Clinical Endocrinologists that is committed to transforming the lives of patients by enabling one another to practice leading edge, proactive, ethical and cost-effective medicine.
Members of AACE are physicians with special education, training and interest in the practice of clinical endocrinology. These physicians devote a significant part of their career to the evaluation and management of patients with endocrine disease.
4. The American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- The Endocrine Society is an international society of invited endocrinologists. The Endocrine Society is the world's largest and most active professional organization of endocrinologists in the world. Founded in 1916, the Society is internationally known as the leading source of state-of-the-art research and clinical advancements in endocrinology and metabolism. The Endocrine Society is dedicated to promoting excellence in research, education and clinical practice in the field of endocrinology.
5. The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- The American Diabetes Association is the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. Founded in 1940, the American Diabetes Association conducts programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, reaching hundreds of communities.
The mission of the Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
6. The American Thyroid Association (ATA)
- Founded in 1973, the American Association of Diabetes Educators is a multi-disciplinary professional membership organization dedicated to promoting the expertise of the diabetes educator, ensuring the delivery of quality diabetes self-management training to the patient and influencing and contributing to the future content and direction of the profession. The mission at AADE is to drive professional practice to promote healthy living through self-management of diabetes and related conditions. The vision at AADE is promoting self-management for all people with diabetes and related conditions.
7. The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
- Founded in 1923, the American Thyroid Association is a professional society of 900 U.S. and international physicians and scientists who specialize in the research and treatment of thyroid diseases. The Association is dedicated to promoting scientific and public understanding of the biology of the thyroid gland and its disorders, so as to improve methods for prevention, diagnosis, and management.
8. The American Dietetic Association
- ISCD provides resources for multiple scientific disciplines with an interest in bone mass measurement. Membership is comprised of over 6,000 clinicians, technologists, corporate partners and industry members from more than forty countries. As the world leader in bone densitometry education and certification, the ISCD provides comprehensive education courses in bone densitometry and offers certification exams for clinicians and technologists.
- With nearly 65,000 members, the American Dietetic Association is the nation's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA serves the public by promoting optimal nutrition, health and well-being. ADA members are the nation's food and nutrition experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.